Until recently, our bedtime routine was pretty simple and very satisfying:
1. Get into your jammies.
2. Brush your teeth.
3. Brush your hair.
4. Pee pee and wash your hands.
5. Crawl in my lap for 3 books, 3 songs, 1 prayer.
Simple.Until she began to grow. Now, at 40 pounds, item 5 isn't so simple. She crawls into my lap and either my legs fall asleep, I can't turn the pages easily, or my "man parts" get crushed.
So we've changed item 5 to read: Crawl into bed and I will read to you from the rocking chair beside your bed. But after reading Tom Matlack's article on The Good Man Project web site, I've decided to change up item 5 again. Tonight I will crawl into bed and cuddle my daughter as we read our bedtime stories. No cramped legs, no page turning obstructions and no crushed "man parts".

No comments:
Post a Comment