Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Cleo's "Carol Burnett Theme" Hits 1245 Views!
After our daughter was born we started a YouTube channel so that we could share video clips with friends and family. It never really dawned on me that millions of viewers could potentially see our little girl sing & dance. Well, one of our clips has reached 1245 views and the number is growing every day. While this isn't a large number in YouTube terms, it sure seems like a lot to us.
I grew up with the Carol Burnett show and when my daughter was born I began singing the theme song to her every night at bedtime. I altered the words slightly and made up a second verse, but I loved the way she drifted off each night to the words, "I'm so glad we had this time together". One night we were sitting in our kitchen having dinner when all of a sudden she broke into song and even though I hadn't actually taught her the words, she knew them all. I grabbed my Flip and captured the moment for posterity.
Our little girl is about to turn 5 - it's hard to believe that time has passed so quickly. But I am truly glad that we've had this time together. We've had a lot of laughs and sung a lot of songs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment